The highly anticipated “Bayou State Golfer” license plates are now available for purchase. Identify yourself as a golfer from the great state of Louisiana and support Junior Golf and growth of the game initiatives that are spearheaded by the Louisiana Golf Association.
We encourage all Louisiana golfers to consider purchasing the plates now that they are available. In addition to identifying yourself as a “Bayou State Golfer,” you’ll also be investing in our wonderful game in Louisiana. We look forward to seeing the “Bayou State Golfer” license plates proudly displayed on vehicles throughout the “Sportsman’s Paradise” and abroad.
“We want to thank Representative Stuart Bishop of Lafayette for his role in getting the House Bill passed to create the ‘Bayou State Golfer’ license plate,” said LGA Executive Director Carr McCalla. “We are extremely pleased with the plate’s design and anticipate they will be popular with the golfers of the state.”
The plates will cost an additional $25 annually ($50 for the traditional two-year registration cycle) with the additional revenue generated being invested in Junior Golf and growth of the game initiatives in Louisiana, as mentioned above.
Instructions on how to order a “Bayou State Golfer” license plate are listed below:
- Go to the following link: https://expresslane.dps.louisiana.gov/SpecialPlatesPublic/SpecialPlates2.aspx
- On the following screen you will enter your current license plate number, then click Continue.
- You will be taken to a screen with a drop-down menu in the middle of the page, which contains the listings of the different specialty plates that are available in Louisiana. You will need to search for the “Bayou State Golfer” plate. It will be located under the sub-section, “Special Interest,” which is listed about 2/3 of the way down the scroll bar. Once you find the “Bayou State Golfer” plate, click on it and it will display a picture of the plate. Next, you need to click the Ordering Details button at the bottom of the screen.
- Underneath the plate, it shows the cost to order the new plate, as well as the number of years you have between renewals. Proceeds from sales of the “Bayou State Golfer” plates, above that which is charged for ‘regular’ plates, will be utilized for Junior Golf and Growth of the Game initiatives in Louisiana.
- At the Ordering Details Screen, it gives you all the information regarding the requirements for ordering your plate, as well as the address and phone number of the Office of Motor Vehicles in the event that you have any questions. Next, click the Order Form button listed under the Mailing Address of the OMV.
- This will take you to the final screen where you have to enter all of your personal information. Once you have entered it, NOTICE at the bottom it says you have to PRINT OUT THE FORM, AND SEND IT TO THE ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE.
You will need to include either a check or a money order for the amount listed in RED (near the bottom of the page) when you send in your information sheet to the Office of Motor Vehicles.
Note that you will also have to send in a copy of your current registration and proof of insurance with the requested document and check.